Mar 24 2017
Read 376 times

Violet

• Topics: 1
    • View Profile
What is everybody listening to and looking forward to in this new year?

Last Friday, Depeche Mode dropped a new album called Spirit. While I do really enjoy their work from the latter part of the '80s, I had yet to give a listen to anything past 1990's classic Violator, so I didn't know what to expect with this new album. I've found that I'm pleasantly surprised by it and I think I'm really going to like it in the long run. I definitely need to give it a proper review in due time.

Apparently, just before that was the new Spoon album "Hot Thoughts" which I've only listened to twice today. I have only been listening to Spoon a couple years--I fell in love with the single "Inside Out" from the last album--so I'm not the best equipped to rate the new album in regards to everything else they've done over the years, but my first impressions of the new album were indeed quite good. :)
Mar 25 2017
Reply #1

Denis Bazhinov

• Administrator
  • Topics: 11
    • View Profile
Can Depeche Mode top Enjoy the Silence, tho?  ^-^ I'm gonna check out everything that gets posted here on S|A.

Apparently there's a 2016 album from Mumiy Troll, I just discovered, and a 2017 album coming soon. Looking forward to the new, really hoping it won't be bad gibberish like their english EPs. :P

2016 single isn't bad: https://ok.ru/video/222200662584
Mar 26 2017
Reply #2

Violet

• Topics: 1
    • View Profile
Can Depeche Mode top Enjoy the Silence, tho?  ^-^ I'm gonna check out everything that gets posted here on S|A.

The short answer is "No"... :lol: the slightly longer answer is they practically became a different band between their '93 and '97 albums when they dropped a member, and I've been digging into their modern period and seeing what I like. Playing the Angel is a pretty good album, too.

2016 MT... Malibu Alibi? Can't remember if I've listened to it or not...
Mar 26 2017
Reply #3

Denis Bazhinov

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Malibu Alibi is part of the "bad gibberish" I mentioned. lol

Mass Effect Andromeda came out, with a soundtrack of course - I wonder if it's good, will have to add to the playlist.
Apr 09 2017
Reply #4

Denis Bazhinov

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Did I ever get you to check out Cold War Kids?
The released a new album 2 days ago called L.A. Divine, supposedly their best work yet.