Feb 01 2017
Read 335 times

Denis Bazhinov

• Administrator
  • Topics: 11
    • View Profile
 :)

For many years I've wished of an online social community, a society, of others like me who love music. After having other forum communities, making my own music, getting into photography and videography.. I realized, that this is an artistic mentality shared by people all over the world. More so, I want to focus on the art, help and be helped: to grow as an artist, a producer, a music fan, and a human being. This is what the Soul Avant Society stands together on.

This place welcomes all fans of arts and artists of all multimedia and talents - and focuses on DIY independence. Together we are stronger - but we don't stop there. I want to make clear the mentality of Soul Avant:
What is on your soul: let it out into art. This is what we stand for and what we promote. We believe in beauty and shining your light for the edifying and inspiration of people listening/watching. We believe in helping people grow and succeed, and that is how we will grow and succeed. In short: We see the macro picture.

I've liked the idea of facebook but it's awful in practice.. Reposts, reshares, nothing deep, nothing original, even the music is from top-40 pop radio. Soul Avant looks to fill that void and go about social interaction quite inverted: Original meaningful discussions and thoughts, meaningful music, captivating art and photography. Instead of pointless food statuses, quality over quantity prevails; meaningful thoughts in life.

I built this site this past month and will be adding more features as well as reworking things. ^-^
We're using a forum system that will eventually be transformed into a more much social platform like facebook or myspace. As all good things, this will take time to grow into something big - I'm not expecting much activity or members right now. Regardless, right now we'll be having projects that happen and new people visit all the time, as well as new music releases already. So this is it, and improving!
What do you think of the site as is now?

Possible upcoming changes for v1.1 in the next month:
- Play released songs directly on the front page
- Profile Overhaul: (Everything will change, other than the avatar and signature.)
   + Music Journals
   + Cover images/collage
   + Centralized clean creative profile
   + Profile Statuses?
- Adjust site for more mobile-friendliness: bigger things, centered login boxes, etc
- Edit & add the additional smileys
- New features, some may be big?
- Minor site fixes (quote buttons bg fix when quick edit is on, menu button hover support)

Idea: Scrollbar style support for ff/opera/ie?
Idea: A chat system like facebook has?
Idea: Make banner into multiple clickable (scrolling) titantron?
Idea: Should I take "replies" and "unread topics" from menu dropdown, and make notifications like the messages inbox??

Possibilities are endless, I'd love to hear more ideas.
Mar 05 2017
Reply #1

Denis Bazhinov

• Administrator
  • Topics: 11
    • View Profile
Update: I spent the past month since launch working on the site more.

Music Journal and Art/Photo Journal!
(Thank you @JonoDivision for the suggestion) -btw, you can now tag people via @username. ;)
- Make your own journal thread to keep task on your original arts passion! Post and talk about influences in the specific boards. You can link your Journal(s) in your new profile.

You now have a centralized customizable profile page where you can add pictures, a profile song, profile banner, buddies, etc. Check it out and use it to make it all about YOU!  ^-^

There's also drafts so you can save posts before making them and some other minor features. I'll be updating the site further onward without much note. Please! If you have a request, suggestion, idea, or you see a bug - let me know! No matter how big or small, it means a lot to me.

Cheers  ;D
Now to invite my friends and folks that may be interested in our community. :up: